MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
CrowdWork DC LCA Mission/Top Circle
We the undersigned members of the CrowdWork DC LCA (“CrowdWork”) Mission/Top Circle (“the Circle”) give our consent to working together without compensation, for a period October 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023, to launch CrowdWork as a member-owned cooperative that will provide technology solutions, professional services, and other support services through–and to–its owners, workers, and clients locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. We enter this agreement with the intention of finalizing bylaws, developing a membership structure, and a draft business plan for at least one line of business. Specifically, we give our consent and commitment to one another, for our mutual benefit, to the following:
To Contribute our Time and Talent
- To make a minimum time commitment to the Circle to fulfill tasks and projects they agree to, including time spent in meetings.
- To identify and share with the Circle the types of projects, tasks, and activities we are capable and have capacity to perform.
- To accept assignments that fit our respective time commitments and talents.
- To be accountable to the Circle for performing agreed projects, tasks, and activities.
To Learn and Practice Sociocracy
- To practice sociocracy by both observing and modeling practices in Circle meetings.
- To take on sociocratic roles in Circle governance.
- To read and learn about sociocracy from other sources.
- To support one another in our learning and practices
To Participate in Meetings
- To participate as regularly as possible in the Circle Governance Meeting (currently scheduled for every other week). The Circle will review the meeting schedule periodically and modify it by consent.
- To participate in at least one other Circle or Working Group according to CrowdWork’s current Circle structure*. The Circles/Working Groups will review their meeting schedule periodically and modify it by consent.
- To participate in other ad hoc, project-specific meetings as agreed by those involved.
- To give advance notice when we will not be attending any meeting at which our particular attendance is expected.
To Make an “Earnest Money” Contribution
- To contribute a total of $600 to the checking account for CrowdWork DC LCA to support CrowdWork implementation activities during the period of this agreement. These funds are meant to be used for expenses that are essential to launching CrowdWork, and include, but are not limited to professional fees, technology solutions, government fees, printing, and supplies. Any expenditure in excess of $100 requires consent of the Circle.
- To make such payment as a lump sum payable by December 31, 2022, or in $100 monthly installments payable on the 15th day of each month during the period of this agreement. (The earnest money contribution will not be reimbursable if a member withdraws before December 31, 2022. If a member has any concern about this, the monthly payment plan may be the better choice.)
- To credit any such amount to any member of the Circle who chooses to become a member of CrowdWork, against whatever membership fee shall be established for the cooperative.
- To refund any such amounts to any member of the Circle who chooses not to become a member of CrowdWork at such time as the cooperative is open to membership.
- Contribution will be treated as member’s equity.
- Members will decide distribution amounts retained by CrowdWork on a project basis based on the type of work and involvement of CrowdWork.
- 10% of individual project income will be deducted from all future projects under CrowdWork until a more permanent policy is agreed on with completion of the bylaws.