M E M O R A N D U M OF U N D E R S T A N D I N G
CrowdWork LCA Implementation Circle
We the undersigned members of the CrowdWork LCA (“the Coop”) Implementation Circle (“the Circle”) give our consent to working together without compensation, for a period April 15, 2021 through October 15, 2021, to launch CrowdWork as a member-owned cooperative that will provide technology solutions, professional services, and other support services through–and to–its owners, workers, and clients locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. We enter this agreement with the intention of developing a workplan to cover the six-month period, that will include finalizing bylaws, developing a dues structure, and a draft business plan for at least one line of business. Specifically, we give our consent and commitment to one another, for our mutual benefit, to the following:
To Contribute our Time and Talent
- To make a minimum time commitment to the Circle that averages six (6) hours per week including time spent in meetings.
- To identify and share with the Circle the types of projects, tasks, and activities we are capable and have capacity to perform.
- To accept assignments that fit our respective time commitments and talents.
- To be accountable to the Circle for performing agreed projects, tasks, and activities.
To Learn and Practice Sociocracy
- To practice sociocracy by both observing and modeling practices in Circle meetings.
- To take on sociocratic roles in Circle governance.
- To read and learn about sociocracy from other sources.
- To support one another in our learning and practices
To Participate in Meetings
- To participate as regularly as possible in Circle Governance Meeting (currently scheduled for once per week). The Circle will review the meeting schedule periodically and modify it by consent.
- To participate in Circle Operations Meetings (currently scheduled for twice per week), when, in our discretion, participation is necessary to perform assigned projects or tasks. The Circle will review the meeting schedule periodically and modify it by consent.
- To participate in other ad hoc, project-specific meetings as agreed by those involved.
- To give advance notice when we will not be attending any meeting at which our particular attendance is expected.
To Make an “Earnest Money” Contribution
- To contribute a total of $600 to the checking account for CrowdWork LCA to support CrowdWork implementation activities during the period of this agreement. These funds are meant to be used for expenses that are essential to launching the Coop, and include, but are not limited to professional fees, technology solutions, government fees, printing, and supplies. Any expenditure in excess of $100 requires consent of the Circle.
- To make such payment as a lump sum payable by May 31, 2021, or in $100 monthly installments payable on the 15th day of each month during the period of this agreement. (The earnest money contribution will not be reimbursable if a member withdraws before the end of the 6-month period. If a member has any any concern about this, the monthly payment plan may be the better choice.)
- To credit any such amount to any member of the Circle who chooses to become a member of CrowdWork, against whatever membership fee shall be established for the cooperative.
- To refund any such amounts to any member of the Circle who chooses not to become a member of CrowdWork LCA at such time as the cooperative is open to membership.
Margaret M. Clark